Welcome back

Share with the friends you like, and the ones you don't like.
If I offend you, bummer.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Brunch

Brunch is stupid. The word is stupid and the act of taking part in this dining experience is stupid. Lets start with the word - "Brunch". A combination of the words "breakfast" and "lunch". Now that I broke it down, you must feel a good bit dumber for having said this word, on likely multiple occasions. My problem with brunch stems from my Grandparents. I remember growing up and they loved to meet my parents, sister, and I for brunch. I remember, even at an early age, that request of theirs always fuc*ed up my routine. But here are my current personal problems with brunch.

Scenario 1 - It generally takes place between 10am-11am, a perfect hour that can totally screw you out of a morning workout. If it starts at 10, you aren't leaving till 12, so then you workout around 1 or 2 (to give the food time to settle) and finish hungry so that you now must decide between eating like a horse at 4 pm and screwing up any hopes for dinner at a normal hour.

**Note, brunch is typically only observed on weekends in which I do not workout before 9:00am. Yes, if I was in a frustrating marriage, had kids, or religious obligations; I would workout at 7:00 am on a Sunday so that I could use the brunch to refuel. I am a 25yr. male who likes to party, has no wife, no kids that I am aware of, and likes to use the weekends for big rides/runs and relaxing, so a 7:00 am Sunday workout just ain't gunna happen.

Scenario 2 - You wake up at 7:30, you have coffee and attempt not to eat breakfast because brunch is a few hours away and you have been thinking about that quiche all week, and in no way are you going to impair your abilities to kill a whole plateful of that delicious treat. But now it's 8:30 and you are starting to get the jitters from the caffeine and a little irritable as you haven't eaten a damn thing since you have been up. So, you take the plunge and pour yourself a bowl of cereal. You eat the cereal (now in a relaxed state) and then its already time to get in the shower and get cleaned up to meet your friends who have horrible dietary choices and habits for a "wonderful" mid-morning brunch. You meet them, murder a plate of that delicious quiche, and slowly become depressed. It is only 11:00 am and you have already consumed 1,200-1,500 calories of muffins, quiche, jams, fruit, mimosas, and waffles, not to mention - that bowl of cereal you just had to have when you woke up! Now 12:00, you are home, sleepy and a little drunk (must be a combination of the preservatives from the shi*ty ingredients in the quiche and the mimosas). Happy Sunday! Now you are a fu*king zombie till 4pm, too late for a workout because you have to meet the family for a geriatric dinner at 5pm.

Random notes currently on my mind - to finish off this post:
* Body Glide was put on this planet for cyclists who like to shave their junk
* Just figured out why you women were posting colors on your Facebook status's yesterday
* Wafflemaker came in yesterday, Charlie and I killed 2 waffles each last night. See pic below.
* My car said it was 11degrees this morning when I left the house for the gym
* Boscos tonight
* My hands have been cold for a week and a half
* SwampStomper is just 1 week away
* R.I.P Don Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment