Welcome back

Share with the friends you like, and the ones you don't like.
If I offend you, bummer.

Monday, December 21, 2009

MexiCAN and Trails weekend

Friday night, chill. Dinner at Harry's Detour then drinks and dessert at Felicia Suzanne's. Felicia is a cool chick. Also goes down as the first Caucasian "Felicia" I have met. She showed me around the unbelievable kitchen and patio, super cool girl, and her food is bomb.

Saturday, freezing cold and overcast. After a few cups of coffee, some cereal, and a big glass of Chia with a splash of lime, I was anxious to get active. To hide from the wind and cold, I aired up the tires on the MTB for the first time in a month and hit the trails.

Story time: I had to run some errands on the way to the trail head, and while making stops I realized I had to pee. Since my bladder is as tough as Iron, I held my pee as long as I could. I finally was so ready to get on my bike, and had to piss like a 3 dicked salamander, so I pulled off of Wolf River Pkwy at the Greenway entrance just East of Kirby. I hop out of the car and since no other cars or form of life was around, I walk in front of the car and start pissing. No need to hide behind a tree, nor take a few extra steps into the woods, just let her rip. As I am just getting the nice arch forming to my urine stream, a speaker comes on and says "Welcome to the Germantown Greenway. We are taking photos for your security". Startled I turn around to see a camera on a pole with a speaker mounted underneath. Ohh well, f*ck it, and I kept pissing. Then as I am getting my bike off the car and shoes on, the same damn voice and message must have played another 3-4X, or every time I triggered the motion detector. This week I am awaiting a knock on the door from the men in blue or a ticket in the mail for public urination, as the camera had a Graham Watson view of my license plate and me peeing in the same shot. I sure hope to be sharing that image with you soon.

The night came and it was time for Rocky and Dave's Krunkest Kwismas Party. Thanks for the cocktails boys! Headed from there, grabbed a Turkey Muffletta at the Quick Check and hit up North Mississippi All Stars at Minglewood. Great show, watered down drinks, and a fun crowd. A good time was had by all.

Sunday AM came too soon. Hit Billy Simpson up for a trail run at the Forest. Great conversation and a beautiful run through the park. 1hr15 minutes flew by! Felt great, and legs still feel awesome today. Quite a refreshing change from the lingering soreness due to the beating on the pavement! Hit the shower, then hit La Guadalapana for a killa burrito. A few brews with the boys downtown, then dinner with Dad at La Playita for SumMo Mexican. Mmmm!! Heading home and decided to meet some friends at Los Compadres...What!! Back up Mayne! Mexican for the 3rd time! Texas Style on the Rocks no doubt. Saw Z Perry, Kenny, and Shobbs too. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment